up2date Serious Performance problems RHEL AS 3.9 - Redhat

This is a discussion on up2date Serious Performance problems RHEL AS 3.9 - Redhat ; Hello Group, I've had to install a couple of older RedHat servers at work for a legacy software project. One is a test virtual machine and the other is an HP DL360 G5 Dual Core. Each is running RHEL AS ...

  1. up2date Serious Performance problems RHEL AS 3.9

    Hello Group,

    I've had to install a couple of older RedHat servers at work for a
    legacy software project. One is a test virtual machine and the other
    is an HP DL360 G5 Dual Core. Each is running RHEL AS 3.9 and has had
    all packages updated as of Nov 5th.

    I had to install a few packages via up2date today. The test machine
    downloads at 70KB/sec however the production machine sits at 1KB/sec
    and takes forever/never. The network connection is fine and I can
    download from other sites easily.

    Both machine are using the same DNS and default gateway and are on the
    same subnet. Both have the same version of up2date installed.

    Can anyone help me figure this out?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    SF

  2. Re: up2date Serious Performance problems RHEL AS 3.9

    SF wrote:
    > Hello Group,
    >
    > I've had to install a couple of older RedHat servers at work for a
    > legacy software project. One is a test virtual machine and the other
    > is an HP DL360 G5 Dual Core. Each is running RHEL AS 3.9 and has had
    > all packages updated as of Nov 5th.
    >
    > I had to install a few packages via up2date today. The test machine
    > downloads at 70KB/sec however the production machine sits at 1KB/sec
    > and takes forever/never. The network connection is fine and I can
    > download from other sites easily.
    >
    > Both machine are using the same DNS and default gateway and are on the
    > same subnet. Both have the same version of up2date installed.
    >
    > Can anyone help me figure this out?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.
    >

    > SF

    Can you set up an internal up2date mirror? Or switch to CentOS, which much
    more sanely uses 'yum' to manage packages?

+ Reply to Thread