New Install on a Solaris 5.10 system - Redhat

This is a discussion on New Install on a Solaris 5.10 system - Redhat ; We are moving from Solaris to redhat and we want to use a Sun Blade 1500 that has been configured with solaris 5.10. When we put the redhat cdrom in and try booting at the okay prompt the openboot does ...

  1. New Install on a Solaris 5.10 system

    We are moving from Solaris to redhat and we want to use a Sun Blade
    1500 that has been configured with solaris 5.10. When we put the
    redhat cdrom in and try booting at the okay prompt the openboot does
    not read the redhat cd. Has anyone else tried to change operating
    systems from solaris?

    Does anyone have any ideas on how we can change on this hardware to
    the new OS?

    Mary

  2. Re: New Install on a Solaris 5.10 system

    MaryCouture wrote:
    > We are moving from Solaris to redhat and we want to use a Sun Blade
    > 1500 that has been configured with solaris 5.10. When we put the
    > redhat cdrom in and try booting at the okay prompt the openboot does
    > not read the redhat cd. Has anyone else tried to change operating
    > systems from solaris?
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas on how we can change on this hardware to
    > the new OS?
    >
    > Mary

    Which RedHat CD? Release matters. And the display on blades can get tricky,
    since the VNC that is actually used at the core of most remote display setups
    for higher end blades can be consuded by or itself confuse the auto
    configuration tools.

    And why are you using the CD? Why not mirror the contents of an installation
    CD or website internally, and use PXE and network installation?

+ Reply to Thread