Microsoft AD versus Redhat directory servce - Redhat

This is a discussion on Microsoft AD versus Redhat directory servce - Redhat ; Hello all, Could someone explain to me the main differences between the Microsoft Active directory and the redhat (or Fedora) directory service? Does the directory service provide +/- the same features than the Microsoft AD? Many thanks in advance, Raffa...

  1. Microsoft AD versus Redhat directory servce

    Hello all,

    Could someone explain to me the main differences between the Microsoft
    Active directory and the redhat (or Fedora) directory service? Does
    the directory service provide +/- the same features than the Microsoft
    AD?

    Many thanks in advance,
    Raffa

  2. Re: Microsoft AD versus Redhat directory servce

    michele.qualizza@gmail.com schreef:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Could someone explain to me the main differences between the Microsoft
    > Active directory and the redhat (or Fedora) directory service? Does
    > the directory service provide +/- the same features than the Microsoft
    > AD?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance,
    > Raffa

    Raffa,

    It is claimed to be so, for more details look at the Wiki server
    http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/

    A lot of features can be synchronized between the 2 environments.

    There is a Red Hat training on the RHCA level that goes in detail on
    this subject.

    Difference, some LDAP fields are handled differently ("multi valued"
    versus "single valued"). Do not know all details.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

+ Reply to Thread