I developed a custom Apache module to deal with some specific header
issues in our environment. Everything works great on our 32-bit ASF
Apache build and I can even get the module to compile (with a few
warnings) and works on 64-bit ASF Apache.

However, if I try to build on a 64-bit RedHat 4 server with the RedHat
apxs tool (/usr/sbin/apxs) and then run the module with RedHat Apache
(/usr/sbin/httpd) Apache seg faults anytime a request uses the module.

I boiled it down to the following lines of code by building a test
module and adding a couple lines to the handler (/usr/sbin/apxs -g -n
foo).

void *name;
name = (char *) apr_pstrdup(r->pool,"matt");
ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_NOTICE, 0, r->server,"[foo:handler]
Entering Foo Handler %s",name);

I do get this warning when compiling for the apr_pstrdup line.
warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

Anyone run into this before? Any secrets to compile Apache modules for
RedHat's Apache?