PTR Records - Redhat

This is a discussion on PTR Records - Redhat ; Hi How can you get a list of all the PTR record entries (dns reverse entries) from a domain . I know with help of "dig $domain axfr" can get list of all the enties in dns forward map in ...

  1. PTR Records

    Hi

    How can you get a list of all the PTR record entries (dns reverse
    entries) from a domain . I know with help of "dig $domain axfr" can
    get list of all the enties in dns forward map in $domain.

    Appreciate your reply.

    Regards
    Dharmin

  2. Re: PTR Records

    dharmin wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > How can you get a list of all the PTR record entries (dns reverse
    > entries) from a domain . I know with help of "dig $domain axfr" can
    > get list of all the enties in dns forward map in $domain.
    >
    > Appreciate your reply.
    >
    > Regards
    > Dharmin

    Your domain has to be set to permit zone transfers, and the syntax depends on
    the subnet specification. But for a /24 subnet, such as 192.168.1.*, it would be:

    host -t axfr 1.168.192.in-addr.arpa

  3. Re: PTR Records

    Hello

    Thanks.....

    Dharmin

    On Oct 8, 2:52*pm, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
    > dharmin wrote:
    > > Hi

    > > How can you get a list of all the PTR record entries (dns reverse
    > > entries) from a domain . I know with help of "dig $domain axfr" can
    > > get list of all the enties in dns forward map in $domain.

    > > Appreciate your reply.

    > > Regards
    > > Dharmin

    > Your domain has to be set to permit zone transfers, and the syntax depends on
    > the subnet specification. But for a /24 subnet, such as 192.168.1.*, it would be:
    >
    > host -t axfr 1.168.192.in-addr.arpa

+ Reply to Thread