At Sun, 5 Oct 2008 17:27:09 -0700 (PDT) Richard Vaughn wrote:

> Anyone having trouble w/ Fedora Core 9?
>
> I've installed it on about 20 PC's and it's been nothing but trouble.
> Strange stuff, like:
> * The symbolic links between /etc/init.d/sshd a/d /etc/rc?.d suddenly
> missing
> * The symbolic links between /etc/init.d/network a/d /etc/rc?.d
> suddenly missing
> * CUPS service suddenly not running
> * Missing gtk library (had to re-install gtk2-devel)
> * Machines mysteriously hanging
>
> Is FC9 a flawed distro?

Fedora Core (any version) is an *experimental / beta test* system.
Yes, it is likely to have 'flaws'. It is NOT recomended for production
environments. If you want a reliable distro for a production
environment you either want RHEL ($$$) or one of the (free) GPL clones
of RHEL: CentOS or WBEL or Pink Tie.

heller@deepsoft.com -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk