HOW TO CREATE ADS STRUCTURE IN RHEL5 - Redhat

This is a discussion on HOW TO CREATE ADS STRUCTURE IN RHEL5 - Redhat ; Any how to or help for Directory services implementation on RHEL5...

  1. HOW TO CREATE ADS STRUCTURE IN RHEL5

    Any how to or help for Directory services implementation on RHEL5

  2. Re: HOW TO CREATE ADS STRUCTURE IN RHEL5

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:39:05 -0700, surjeet11india wrote:

    > Any how to or help for Directory services implementation on RHEL5

    Are you looking to authenticate RHEL against an existing AD, or are you
    looking to host LDAP from RHEL?

  3. Re: HOW TO CREATE ADS STRUCTURE IN RHEL5

    Mike Bleiweiss wrote:
    > On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:39:05 -0700, surjeet11india wrote:
    >
    >> Any how to or help for Directory services implementation on RHEL5

    > Are you looking to authenticate RHEL against an existing AD, or are you
    > looking to host LDAP from RHEL?

    Or mere Kerberos authentication for existing accounts with matching names? Or
    Winbind account management, especially coupled with 'Services for UNIX' on an
    Active Directory server? Or an actual single-sign-on solution, where logging
    on a Windows box gives access to RHEL services without typing additional
    passwords?

  4. Re: HOW TO CREATE ADS STRUCTURE IN RHEL5

    On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 02:08:25 +0100, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

    > Mike Bleiweiss wrote:
    >> On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:39:05 -0700, surjeet11india wrote:
    >>
    >>> Any how to or help for Directory services implementation on RHEL5

    >> Are you looking to authenticate RHEL against an existing AD, or are you
    >> looking to host LDAP from RHEL?

    > Or mere Kerberos authentication for existing accounts with matching
    > names? Or Winbind account management, especially coupled with 'Services
    > for UNIX' on an Active Directory server? Or an actual single-sign-on
    > solution, where logging on a Windows box gives access to RHEL services
    > without typing additional passwords?

    Or maybe he'd just like a directory service on RedHat - something that
    will cross reference phone numbers and street addresses with last names
    or something. I think we can do something with mysql and php.

+ Reply to Thread