Browser nightly time-outs with some sites - Redhat

This is a discussion on Browser nightly time-outs with some sites - Redhat ; I have a weird problem with my Fedora 9... Each night, when I try to log to my.yahoo.com, www.facebook.com , www.godaddy.com , etc I cant get firefox to open the sites. It just stays "waiting for my.yahoo.com" forever... but, if ...

  1. Browser nightly time-outs with some sites

    I have a weird problem with my Fedora 9...

    Each night, when I try to log to my.yahoo.com, www.facebook.com,
    www.godaddy.com, etc I cant get firefox to open the sites. It just
    stays "waiting for my.yahoo.com" forever... but, if I try during the
    day, it just (usually) works fine!

    For example, now I can ping my.yahoo.com and get a quick response, but
    firefox just gets:

    Connection Interrupted
    The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
    The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection.
    Please try again.

    If I try with Opera, it doesn't even show an error after prompting me
    for the password... and the same happens with Konqueror:

    my.yahoo.com contacted. Waiting for reply

    AND I KNOW THAT IN THE MORNING IT'LL WORK!

    BUT If I reboot with crappy Vista right now in the same PC, I can see
    all the sites!

    Isn't it weird?!?!?!?

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Browser nightly time-outs with some sites

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:49:01 -0700, MADS typed this message:

    > I have a weird problem with my Fedora 9...
    >
    > Each night, when I try to log to my.yahoo.com, www.facebook.com,
    > www.godaddy.com, etc I cant get firefox to open the sites. It just stays
    > "waiting for my.yahoo.com" forever... but, if I try during the day, it
    > just (usually) works fine!
    >
    > For example, now I can ping my.yahoo.com and get a quick response, but
    > firefox just gets:
    >
    > Connection Interrupted
    > The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. The
    > network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try
    > again.
    >
    > If I try with Opera, it doesn't even show an error after prompting me
    > for the password... and the same happens with Konqueror:
    >
    > my.yahoo.com contacted. Waiting for reply
    >
    > AND I KNOW THAT IN THE MORNING IT'LL WORK!
    >
    > BUT If I reboot with crappy Vista right now in the same PC, I can see
    > all the sites!
    >
    > Isn't it weird?!?!?!?
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Yep, it could be a floating bug in Linux Firefox, although it could be
    your ISP that's causing the problem.

    Write a bug report on Firefox in Bugzilla.

+ Reply to Thread