someone paste me your yum configuration - Redhat

This is a discussion on someone paste me your yum configuration - Redhat ; I get: $yum search unrar Loading "installonlyn" plugin Loading "priorities" plugin Setting up repositories Reading repository metadata in from local files 0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections No Matches found that can't be right. what's your yum setup?...

  1. someone paste me your yum configuration

    I get:

    $yum search unrar
    Setting up repositories
    0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
    No Matches found

    that can't be right. what's your yum setup?

  2. Re: someone paste me your yum configuration

    dterrors@hotmail.com schreef:
    > I get:
    >
    > $yum search unrar
    > Setting up repositories
    > Reading repository metadata in from local files
    > 0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
    > No Matches found
    >
    > that can't be right. what's your yum setup?

    Why do you expect to find unrar?

    Which distro and version do you use?

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

  3. Re: someone paste me your yum configuration

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:18:11 -0700, dterrors typed this message:

    > I get:
    >
    > $yum search unrar
    > Setting up repositories
    > Reading repository metadata in from local files 0 packages excluded due
    > to repository priority protections No Matches found
    >
    > that can't be right.

    Maybe it is, why didn't you post your yum repositories list? Or even
    your RH version?

    That may be correct it depends on your distro. IIRC, the early RH didn't
    include "unrar" or used the "rar x" command.

  4. Re: someone paste me your yum configuration

    dterrors@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I get:
    >
    > $yum search unrar
    > Setting up repositories
    > Reading repository metadata in from local files
    > 0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
    > No Matches found
    >
    > that can't be right. what's your yum setup?

    When yum doesn't find things, look at http://rpm.pbone.net/ to find what
    distributions and sites have the software.

+ Reply to Thread