after update to "newkey", yum gives syntax error/traceback? - Redhat

This is a discussion on after update to "newkey", yum gives syntax error/traceback? - Redhat ; I did an update last night and now yum is returning the message below. I have done some searching but apparently "yum syntax error" or "yum traceback" isn't enough to narrow it down by any means. I don't know if ...

  1. after update to "newkey", yum gives syntax error/traceback?

    I did an update last night and now yum is returning the message below. I
    have done some searching but apparently "yum syntax error" or "yum
    traceback" isn't enough to narrow it down by any means.

    I don't know if this is significant or now but now upon boot the kernel
    reports that it can't map pnp addresses or the like but it doesn't
    appear to be in any logs.

    Also, after the first reboot the system complained about bonobo failing
    for some reason but it hasn't complained on any reboots since.

    I tried reinstalling the yum rpm but got nothing different.

    Can someone point me to what's going on with it?

    Thanks

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/yum", line 29, in
    yummain.user_main(sys.argv[1:], exit_code=True)
    File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 229, in user_main
    errcode = main(args)
    File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 84, in main
    base.getOptionsConfig(args)
    File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 184, in getOptionsConfig
    enabled_plugins=self.optparser._splitArg(opts.enab leplugins))
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 189, in
    _getConfig
    startupconf.pluginconfpath,disabled_plugins,enable d_plugins)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 355, in
    doPluginSetup
    plugin_types, confpath, disabled_plugins, enabled_plugins)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/plugins.py", line 152, in
    __init__
    self._importplugins(types)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/plugins.py", line 195, in
    _importplugins
    self._loadplugin(modulefile, types)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/plugins.py", line 251, in
    _loadplugin
    module = imp.load_module(modname, fp, pathname, description)
    File "/usr/lib/yum-plugins/filter-data.py", line 111
    ('committers', 'committer')]
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

  2. Re: after update to "newkey", yum gives syntax error/traceback?

    Eric Haddix wrote:
    > I did an update last night and now yum is returning the message below. I
    > have done some searching but apparently "yum syntax error" or "yum
    > traceback" isn't enough to narrow it down by any means.
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > I tried reinstalling the yum rpm but got nothing different.
    >
    > Can someone point me to what's going on with it?
    >
    > Thanks

    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > File "/usr/lib/yum-plugins/filter-data.py", line 111
    > ('committers', 'committer')]
    > ^
    > SyntaxError: invalid syntax

    Looks like an error in the filter-data plugin to me, not yum.

  3. Re: after update to "newkey", yum gives syntax error/traceback?

    Allen Kistler wrote:

    > Looks like an error in the filter-data plugin to me, not yum.

    That was it. Thanks. I totally scanned over that line and didn't pay any
    attention to it but then again it was early morning so that may have had
    something to do with it. It's always the silly things that get me.

    Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread