restore partitions - Redhat

This is a discussion on restore partitions - Redhat ; Hi there, Are there any open source tools able to restore deleted NTFS partitions? I deleted by mistake a 250 GB drive/partition and remember it was 1 MB left unpartitioned at the end. I have personal data on it. Thank ...

  1. restore partitions

    Hi there,
    Are there any open source tools able to restore deleted NTFS
    partitions? I deleted by mistake a 250 GB drive/partition and remember
    it was 1 MB left unpartitioned at the end.
    I have personal data on it.
    Thank you very much, T

  2. Re: restore partitions

    On 09/16/2008 06:38 AM, Tester sent:
    > Hi there,
    > Are there any open source tools able to restore deleted NTFS
    > partitions? I deleted by mistake a 250 GB drive/partition and remember
    > it was 1 MB left unpartitioned at the end.
    > I have personal data on it.
    > Thank you very much, T

    Hello:

    Although you've posted here before, you might be best posting to a
    Windows newsgroup as they are probably more aware of the latest good
    stuff out there. Also try Googling: "undelete NTFS partitions".

    However, my best advice would be to try no further attempts till you
    have a viable utility at hand. Maybe you could post the means by which
    the partition was deleted. Also, pull the power to that HDD till you're
    ready to take further action.

    Best wishes and good luck to you.

    --
    1PW