No mouse at all - Redhat

This is a discussion on No mouse at all - Redhat ; Hi, I am using on one of my machines, Fedora 9 ( the problem also exists on Fedora 8) The mouse is completely frozen I have already faced this problem, by editing /etc/X11/xorg and I add into this section : ...

  1. No mouse at all

    Hi,

    I am using on one of my machines, Fedora 9 ( the problem also exists on
    Fedora 8)
    The mouse is completely frozen

    I have already faced this problem, by editing /etc/X11/xorg

    and I add into this section :
    ---
    Section "Device"
    Identifier "Videocard0"
    Driver "nv"
    -----

    I added : option "HWCursor" "off"

    Last time I re-install fedora, I had no problem... this time, it doesn't
    want to know anything at all :-(

    I found on Google, somebody recommending to add :
    Option "SWcursor" "True"

    => Nothing changed...

    - Any idea what could be the problem ?

    Thanks and regards,

    Steve

  2. Re: No mouse at all

    Steve wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am using on one of my machines, Fedora 9 ( the problem also exists on
    > Fedora 8)
    > The mouse is completely frozen
    > I have already faced this problem, by editing /etc/X11/xorg
    > and I add into this section :
    > ---
    > Section "Device"
    > Identifier "Videocard0"
    > Driver "nv"
    > -----
    > I added : option "HWCursor" "off"
    > Last time I re-install fedora, I had no problem... this time, it doesn't
    > want to know anything at all :-(
    > I found on Google, somebody recommending to add :
    > Option "SWcursor" "True"
    > => Nothing changed...
    > - Any idea what could be the problem ?

    I have had rat problems twice. Once the connector was not completely seated.
    The other was having the rat and keyboard plugged into each other's socket.
    However changing the Xorg file did fix the latter. I don't remember exactly
    what I did but I think the sections of the file had simple comment in/ comment
    out lines, that is leading # or no # characters.

    --
    Hodie postridie Idus Septembres MMVIII est
    -- The Ferric Webcaesar

+ Reply to Thread