Download Redhat 7.2 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Download Redhat 7.2 - Redhat ; Where can I download RH7.2 ? (I know it's ancient, but I need it because some software is only guaranteed to run on that distribution). Best regards, Kenneth...

  1. Download Redhat 7.2

    Where can I download RH7.2 ?

    (I know it's ancient, but I need it because some software is only
    guaranteed to run on that distribution).

    Best regards,
    Kenneth

  2. Re: Download Redhat 7.2

    Kenneth Brun Nielsen wrote:
    > Where can I download RH7.2 ?
    >
    > (I know it's ancient, but I need it because some software is only
    > guaranteed to run on that distribution).
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Kenneth

    Can you use 7.3? it's still possible to find some old FedoraLegacy copies of
    it, with the final published updates, and RPMforge updates for it. I've got a
    copy stashed if 7.3 will serve.

  3. Re: Download Redhat 7.2

    On 14 Sep., 18:13, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
    > Kenneth Brun Nielsen wrote:
    > > Where can I download RH7.2 ?

    > Can you use 7.3?

    It might work, but I won't dare. The software provider guarantees
    functionality for RH72 - and not anything else. I might end in a
    situation where I cant get support, if I choose a different
    distribution.

    /Kenneth

  4. Re: Download Redhat 7.2

    Kenneth Brun Nielsen wrote:
    > On 14 Sep., 18:13, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
    >> Kenneth Brun Nielsen wrote:
    >>> Where can I download RH7.2 ?

    >> Can you use 7.3?

    > It might work, but I won't dare. The software provider guarantees
    > functionality for RH72 - and not anything else. I might end in a
    > situation where I cant get support, if I choose a different
    > distribution.
    >
    > /Kenneth

    Then you need to have a talk with the vendor. If they are insisting on a
    freeware platform they can't provide access to, they're doing something wrong.
    And RedHat 7.2 is *obsolete*. Like a horse and buggy on a modern highway, if
    it's exposed to a normal external network or acts as an externally accesible
    network server of any kind, you're begging to be cracked with tools that are
    years old and will not be updated or fixed. You're also unlikely to be able to
    run on contemporary hardware, due to necessary driver updates.

    What is the application? And to preserve stability and manage the server, have
    you considered doing it in virtualization?

  5. Re: Download Redhat 7.2

    Kenneth Brun Nielsen wrote:
    > On 14 Sep., 18:13, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
    >> Kenneth Brun Nielsen wrote:
    >>> Where can I download RH7.2 ?

    >> Can you use 7.3?

    > It might work, but I won't dare. The software provider guarantees
    > functionality for RH72 - and not anything else. I might end in a
    > situation where I cant get support, if I choose a different
    > distribution.
    >
    > /Kenneth

    A casual Google search shows ISO's at
    http://ftp.ncnu.edu.tw/Linux/ISO-IMA...at/redhat-7.2/. But that doesn't
    get you any updates.

  6. Re: Download Redhat 7.2

    On Sep 14, 6:47*pm, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
    > Kenneth Brun Nielsen wrote:

    > >> Can you use 7.3?

    > > It might work, but I won't dare. The software provider guarantees
    > > functionality for RH72 - and not anything else. I might end in a
    > > situation where I cant get support, if I choose a different
    > > distribution.

    > > /Kenneth

    > Then you need to have a talk with the vendor. If they are insisting on a
    > freeware platform they can't provide access to, they're doing something wrong.

    It's a long story. In short terms: they are updating the tools as we
    speak, but it might not result in any usefull update before late 2008.

    They have a defacto monopol in the area - so there's nothing I (a
    small fish) can do to speed things up. It's simply not an option at
    the moment.

    > Like a horse and buggy on a modern highway, if
    > it's exposed to a normal external network or acts as an externally accesible
    > network server of any kind, you're begging to be cracked with tools that are
    > years old and will not be updated or fixed.

    They are not exposed, but hidden behind more modern servers.

    > You're also unlikely to be able to
    > run on contemporary hardware, due to necessary driver updates.

    Yep - I know - very well, indeed. It's a problem each time we need a
    new "number crusher" for the specific software.

    > What is the application?

    Both on-screen design (quite graphic heavy) and simulation of complex
    relationsships.

    > And to preserve stability and manage the server, have
    > * you considered doing it in virtualization?

    I think spending a lot of effort in this is overkill, since the
    software is HOPEFULLY updated later this year.

    Thanks for your response and best regards,
    Kenneth

  7. Re: Download Redhat 7.2

    On Sep 14, 6:53*pm, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

    > A casual Google search shows ISO's athttp://ftp.ncnu.edu.tw/Linux/ISO-IMAGES/RedHat/redhat-7.2/. But that doesn't
    > get you any updates.

    Thanks!

    /Kenneth