uploading files programmatically getting permission error - Redhat

This is a discussion on uploading files programmatically getting permission error - Redhat ; I am using php to upload a file to a graphics directory whose linux OWNER = groupdyhr and GROUP = OWNER = groupdyhr The error is: failed to open stream: Permission denied What do I need to do/change? (Linux/Apache are ...

  1. uploading files programmatically getting permission error

    I am using php to upload a file to a graphics directory whose linux OWNER =
    groupdyhr and GROUP = OWNER = groupdyhr

    The error is:
    failed to open stream: Permission denied

    What do I need to do/change? (Linux/Apache are not my strengths)

    Many thanks!

  2. Re: uploading files programmatically getting permission error

    On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:45:54 -0400, TriAdmin typed this message:

    > I am using php to upload a file to a graphics directory whose linux
    > OWNER = groupdyhr and GROUP = OWNER = groupdyhr
    >
    > The error is:
    > failed to open stream: Permission denied
    >
    > What do I need to do/change? (Linux/Apache are not my strengths)
    >
    > Many thanks!

    Don't know php but what are you using to open the stream? Does that
    "open stream" mean connection to the internet? If not is userid
    groupdyhr or root executing the php, giving it the proper permissions?

+ Reply to Thread