High nice value for top command - Redhat

This is a discussion on High nice value for top command - Redhat ; I having problem on my Linux box that the MySql consume lots of resources and the CPU utilization is always high and reach 95%. And I found from the top command that the CPU usage for sys and user is ...

  1. High nice value for top command

    I having problem on my Linux box that the MySql consume lots of
    resources and the CPU utilization is always high and reach 95%. And I
    found from the top command that the CPU usage for sys and user is very
    low sums aroudn 10% but the CPU usage for nice is very high and is
    around 80-90%. What is the reason the system has such high nice value
    of CPU utilization?

    Thanks in advanced.

    Regards,
    PH

  2. Re: High nice value for top command

    On Sep 9, 8:47*pm, Banana wrote:
    > I having problem on my Linux box that the MySql consume lots of
    > resources and the CPU utilization is always high and reach 95%. *And I
    > found from the top command that the CPU usage for sys and user is very
    > low sums aroudn 10% but the CPU usage for nice is very high and is
    > around 80-90%. *What is the reason the system has such high nice value
    > of CPU utilization?
    >
    > Thanks in advanced.
    >
    > Regards,
    > PH

    Hi.

    Can you provide an output of the top command?

    Regards,
    kenneho

  3. Re: High nice value for top command

    On 9 Sep, 19:47, Banana wrote:
    > I having problem on my Linux box that the MySql consume lots of
    > resources and the CPU utilization is always high and reach 95%. And I
    > found from the top command that the CPU usage for sys and user is very
    > low sums aroudn 10% but the CPU usage for nice is very high and is
    > around 80-90%. What is the reason the system has such high nice value
    > of CPU utilization?
    >
    > Thanks in advanced.
    >
    > Regards,
    > PH

    Looks like you're running mysqld at a lower priority. Why would you do
    that?

    C.

+ Reply to Thread