Blank screen after Fedora 9 update - Redhat

This is a discussion on Blank screen after Fedora 9 update - Redhat ; Hi all, I just installed Fedora 9 and chose KDE as my desktop. After Fedora done its update, all I get now after logging in, is a black screen. If I log in as root, it's fine, but my personal ...

  1. Blank screen after Fedora 9 update

    Hi all,

    I just installed Fedora 9 and chose KDE as my desktop.

    After Fedora done its update, all I get now after logging in, is a black
    screen. If I log in as root, it's fine, but my personal login doesn't
    seem to display anything. The start-up sound works fine, and I can also
    see the mouse cursor.

    I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the screen resolution,
    although it did work before the update.

    Does anyone know anything about this?

    Regards,

    James

  2. Re: Blank screen after Fedora 9 update

    James wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just installed Fedora 9 and chose KDE as my desktop.
    >
    > After Fedora done its update, all I get now after logging in, is a black
    > screen. If I log in as root, it's fine, but my personal login doesn't
    > seem to display anything. The start-up sound works fine, and I can also
    > see the mouse cursor.
    >
    > I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the screen resolution,
    > although it did work before the update.
    >
    > Does anyone know anything about this?

    It happened to me too after a yum update. No idea. I have done everything but
    rename my .kde/ and .kderc files and see if it works again. That should be why
    it works for root.

    Until I get around to finding a fix gnome works fine.

    --
    Charon won't take counterfeit coins.
    -- The Iron Webmaster, 4037

+ Reply to Thread