soundcard detection problem - Redhat

This is a discussion on soundcard detection problem - Redhat ; hi i am having redhat8 installed on my laptop lenovo 3000 N100 in dual boot with xp.but it is not able to detect soundcard. how can i fix this problem.plz help.........

  1. soundcard detection problem

    hi
    i am having redhat8 installed on my laptop lenovo 3000 N100 in dual
    boot with xp.but it is not able to detect soundcard.
    how can i fix this problem.plz help......

  2. Re: soundcard detection problem

    On 09/05/2008 01:12 AM, manish.crazy.2007@gmail.com sent:
    > hi
    > i am having redhat8 installed on my laptop lenovo 3000 N100 in dual
    > boot with xp.but it is not able to detect soundcard.
    > how can i fix this problem.plz help......

    It would not be surprising to find that RH8 would not work. Please
    consider using something much more recent like Fedora 9.

    --
    1PW

    @?6A62?FEH9E=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]

  3. Re: soundcard detection problem

    On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 01:12:59 -0700, manish.crazy.2007 typed this message:

    > hi
    > i am having redhat8 installed on my laptop lenovo 3000 N100 in dual boot
    > with xp.but it is not able to detect soundcard. how can i fix this
    > problem.plz help......

    Don't remember the exact name but try sound-config or sound-configurator,
    $ locate sound-conf

    If that doesn't work try the Alsa.org or alsasound.org for specific
    details on how to make your soundcard and driver work.

    As others suggest try RHEL 5, FC8,FC9 or FC liveCD instead of RH 8.

+ Reply to Thread