Fedora7 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Fedora7 - Redhat ; I installed fedora 7 and it works but if I download and install updates from net [during which it asks me to download key] then reboot it justs hangs and wont reboot then after a long time it kills itself. ...

  1. Fedora7

    I installed fedora 7 and it works but if I download and install updates
    from net [during which it asks me to download key] then reboot it justs
    hangs and wont reboot then after a long time it kills itself.
    Any answers?

  2. Re: Fedora7

    F Murtz wrote:
    > I installed fedora 7 and it works but if I download and install updates
    > from net [during which it asks me to download key] then reboot it justs
    > hangs and wont reboot then after a long time it kills itself.
    > Any answers?

    It is not Fedora 7?

    I used 7 and it behaved nothing like that. No key, no reboot.

    Put the disk in the drive after you have booted the system normally, cd to
    the drive directory and see what it says you have.

    --
    The information connecting Israel to 9/11
    remains classified seven years later.

  3. Re: Fedora7

    Matt Giwer wrote:
    > F Murtz wrote:
    >> I installed fedora 7 and it works but if I download and install
    >> updates from net [during which it asks me to download key] then reboot
    >> it justs hangs and wont reboot then after a long time it kills itself.
    >> Any answers?

    > It is not Fedora 7?
    >
    > I used 7 and it behaved nothing like that. No key, no reboot.
    >
    > Put the disk in the drive after you have booted the system normally,
    > cd to the drive directory and see what it says you have.

    It behaves normally as long as I leave it as is but if I download and
    install software updates thats when the fun starts

  4. Re: Fedora7

    F Murtz writes:

    > I installed fedora 7 and it works but if I download and install
    > updates from net [during which it asks me to download key] then reboot
    > it justs hangs and wont reboot then after a long time it kills itself.
    > Any answers?

    Fedora 7 was EOL'd back on June 13. That means that there are no
    further updates/patches being made available. More information on
    Fedora's life cycle is available here:

    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LifeCycle

    I am not clear on why you are having the issues you are, but it does not
    make sense to install a version that is no longer being supported.

    Install F9, which is the latest version of Fedora available.

    HTH,

    Marc Schwartz

+ Reply to Thread