Radius Server - Redhat

This is a discussion on Radius Server - Redhat ; Hi, Fairly new with a Radius server, I succeed in having a very basic configuration, which works, The problem is that, the system is taking login and password from my Linux system.... I would prefer to get the list of ...

  1. Radius Server

    Hi,

    Fairly new with a Radius server, I succeed in having a very basic
    configuration, which works,

    The problem is that, the system is taking login and password from my
    Linux system....
    I would prefer to get the list of login from an ASCII file of database

    - Is that possible ?
    - Would LDAP be a solution ?
    - What about kerberos ??

    ( I should admit that I am a bit lost with all this system... )

    Thanks in advance for your help

  2. Re: Radius Server

    Steve wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Fairly new with a Radius server, I succeed in having a very basic
    > configuration, which works,
    >
    > The problem is that, the system is taking login and password from my
    > Linux system....
    > I would prefer to get the list of login from an ASCII file of database
    >
    > - Is that possible ?
    > - Would LDAP be a solution ?
    > - What about kerberos ??
    >
    > ( I should admit that I am a bit lost with all this system... )
    >

    > Thanks in advance for your help

    ASCII flat text file, unencrypted passwords? No good, the passwords can be
    read. Well managed, encrypted passwords, with Kerberos or even NIS? Sure, if
    your Radius server supports it.

    LDAP authentication usually rides atop Kerberos, but it can be independent of
    Kerberos.

+ Reply to Thread