Change the Redhat Logo on Gnome - Redhat

This is a discussion on Change the Redhat Logo on Gnome - Redhat ; I want to change the redhat logo that is shown in gnome with my company logo. I will appreciate any help....

  1. Change the Redhat Logo on Gnome

    I want to change the redhat logo that is shown in gnome with my
    company logo. I will appreciate any help.

  2. Re: Change the Redhat Logo on Gnome

    Artificer wrote:
    > I want to change the redhat logo that is shown in gnome with my
    > company logo. I will appreciate any help.

    The trick is finding where they hide the logo. But then simply rename it.
    Then put your logo in that directory with the original logo name. It beats
    tracking down scripts to hell and gone.

    --
    It is said just before you die your life flashes before your eyes.
    What if this is the flash?

  3. Re: Change the Redhat Logo on Gnome

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:10:36 -0700, Artificer typed this message:

    > I want to change the redhat logo that is shown in gnome with my company
    > logo. I will appreciate any help.

    Which redhat logo do you want to change?

  4. Re: Change the Redhat Logo on Gnome

    The one in the log on screen and the one applications menu!

  5. Re: Change the Redhat Logo on Gnome

    On Aug 28, 1:06*am, Artificer wrote:
    > The one in the log on screen and the one applications menu!

    Anybody?

  6. Re: Change the Redhat Logo on Gnome

    On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 12:55:41 -0700, Artificer typed this message:

    > On Aug 28, 1:06*am, Artificer wrote:
    >> The one in the log on screen and the one applications menu!

    > Anybody?

    Download art from Fedora, Redhat or make your own. Install using the
    Redhat Login Screen -> Login windows preferences or KDE equivalent.

  7. Re: Change the Redhat Logo on Gnome

    On 09/02/2008 12:55 PM, Artificer sent:
    > On Aug 28, 1:06 am, Artificer wrote:
    >> The one in the log on screen and the one applications menu!

    > Anybody?

    Hello Artificer:

    If I haven't lapsed into N stage stupidity again, I believe that you're
    running Tikanga. Take a look in:

    /usr/share/backgrounds/

    Perhaps you could drill down through these few sub-directories. Do any
    of these look remotely like your Gnome's present login background?
    Seems to me, this is where you'd like to put a jpeg of your company
    logo. I hope this is a good start.

    Good luck.

    --
    1PW