Managing Applications with different CORE and EThx ? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Managing Applications with different CORE and EThx ? - Redhat ; Hi, I am running CentOS 5 I've got a computer with 2 Ehternet network card I am running 2 applications, which have access to inernet Is there a way to dedicate via IPTABLES. : - 1 application -> via Eth0 ...

  1. Managing Applications with different CORE and EThx ?

    Hi,

    I am running CentOS 5

    I've got a computer with 2 Ehternet network card
    I am running 2 applications, which have access to inernet
    Is there a way to dedicate via IPTABLES. :
    - 1 application -> via Eth0 ?
    - 1 applicaiton -> via Eth1 ?

    2) On Duo core processor
    can I also dedicate 1 application with 1 core ?
    and the other application with the other code ?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Managing Applications with different CORE and EThx ?

    Steve wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am running CentOS 5
    >
    > I've got a computer with 2 Ehternet network card
    > I am running 2 applications, which have access to inernet
    > Is there a way to dedicate via IPTABLES. :
    > - 1 application -> via Eth0 ?
    > - 1 applicaiton -> via Eth1 ?
    >

    > 2) On Duo core processor
    > can I also dedicate 1 application with 1 core ?
    > and the other application with the other code ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Steve,

    This can be 'forced' by XEN. Run each application in a different XEN domain.

    Otherwise the application needs special features.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

  3. Re: Managing Applications with different CORE and EThx ?

    For one app per CPU, this is called CPU affinity. Solaris supports
    this. A few years back, I tried this on Linux, but it did not work
    right. I don't know if there any development since, but you can
    Google for "cpu affinity".

    Huy
    --
    Huy Le
    Spring Partners, Inc.

    On Aug 23, 1:35*am, Steve wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am running CentOS 5
    >
    > I've got a computer with 2 Ehternet network card
    > I am running 2 applications, which have access to inernet
    > Is there a way to dedicate via IPTABLES. :
    > - 1 application *-> via Eth0 ?
    > - 1 applicaiton -> via Eth1 ?
    >
    > 2) On Duo core processor
    > *can I also dedicate 1 application with 1 core *?
    > and the other application with the other code ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread