We have a RHEL 4 machine and are using korn as the shell for most
users (ksh-20050202-0.5E.4, not the pdksh). However we're seeing a
strange issue using the ps command. We're attempting to check for the
existance of a process (ora_pmon_brioacpt) using the following
command:

ps aux | grep ora_pmon_brioacpt

However about once every 10 times the process disappears from the ps
list. No idea why this is occurring, the process is NOT going down.
when it reappears it has the same pid and start time. If I do the
same thing from bash it works fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in
advance!