RHEL UI for administrators - Redhat

This is a discussion on RHEL UI for administrators - Redhat ; I am new to administering Linux but I wonder if distributions like RHEL promote the use of the command line or if I can do the regular administrative tasks with the UI? Anybody knows if the RHEL certification exam does ...

  1. RHEL UI for administrators

    I am new to administering Linux but I wonder if distributions like
    RHEL promote the use of the command line or if I can do the regular
    administrative tasks with the UI? Anybody knows if the RHEL
    certification exam does emphasis on the command line?

  2. Re: RHEL UI for administrators

    Artificer wrote:
    > I am new to administering Linux but I wonder if distributions like
    > RHEL promote the use of the command line or if I can do the regular
    > administrative tasks with the UI? Anybody knows if the RHEL
    > certification exam does emphasis on the command line?

    Artificer,

    RHCT and RHCE are result driven. The way to get there is less important.

    Only if you fail to finish a task, a command line driven approach might
    be easier to give you some points for the steps you took.

    I generally mix using the sysstem-config-xxx gui's and command line.

    I am not sure about RHCA, but I think it the same kind of marking.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra RHCE & RHCS.

+ Reply to Thread