So I have an RPM that does some running process checking in its
%preinst script and it may fail out (exit 1) if it doesn't like what
it finds.

It fails just fine (as expected) if I try to install the RPM via
command line (rpm -ivh), but installing by double-clicking the rpm in
the file browser (using system-install-packages) *reports* that the
install succeeded (even though a quick check will show that it indeed
did not succeed under the covers).

How can I get system-install-packages/pirut to report a script failure
if the %preinst (or any other script) fails during RPM installation?

Thanks,

Daniel