What rpm has libg2c.so.0 ? - Redhat

This is a discussion on What rpm has libg2c.so.0 ? - Redhat ; My research indicates it is in gcc so I rpm'ed compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-55.fc5.i386.rpm which said it had it in it but the failed dependency on some other software still shows it is missing. What rpm has it? Any help is much appreciated!...

  1. What rpm has libg2c.so.0 ?

    My research indicates it is in gcc so I rpm'ed

    compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-55.fc5.i386.rpm

    which said it had it in it but the failed dependency on some other software
    still shows it is missing.

    What rpm has it? Any help is much appreciated!

  2. Re: What rpm has libg2c.so.0 ?

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:05:53 -0400, TriAdmin typed this message:

    > My research indicates it is in gcc so I rpm'ed
    >
    > compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-55.fc5.i386.rpm
    >
    > which said it had it in it but the failed dependency on some other
    > software still shows it is missing.
    >
    > What rpm has it? Any help is much appreciated!

    Nope !!

    compat-libf2c-32-3.2.3-56.fc5.i386.rpm or something

    http://google.com
    and
    http://rpm.pbone.net
    to search for rpms and libraries

    Check http://fedoraproject.org/ for the latest list of Yum repositories
    for FC5 and instructions for setting up Yum repositories.

    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum/YumUpgradeFaq

    I'd use the ftp://pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS
    if I were you.

    Not to mention a clean install to at least FC7 after backing up my /home
    and all other folders, especially DB folders and config files. To keep
    your FC installation within the maintenance cycle.

    I say this so you could use

    $ sudo yum grouplist

    $ sudo yum groupupdate "Development Tools"

    to install all the development packages including compat-libg2f

    $ man yum

    help at http://fedoranews.org/tchung/yum-groupinstall/

  3. Re: What rpm has libg2c.so.0 ?

    "noi ance" wrote in message
    > On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:05:53 -0400, TriAdmin typed this message:
    >
    >> My research indicates it is in gcc so I rpm'ed
    >>
    >> compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-55.fc5.i386.rpm
    >>
    >> which said it had it in it but the failed dependency on some other
    >> software still shows it is missing.
    >>
    >> What rpm has it? Any help is much appreciated!

    > Nope !!
    >
    > compat-libf2c-32-3.2.3-56.fc5.i386.rpm or something
    >
    > http://google.com
    > and
    > http://rpm.pbone.net
    > to search for rpms and libraries
    >
    > Check http://fedoraproject.org/ for the latest list of Yum repositories
    > for FC5 and instructions for setting up Yum repositories.
    >
    > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum/YumUpgradeFaq
    >
    > I'd use the ftp://pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS
    > if I were you.
    >
    > Not to mention a clean install to at least FC7 after backing up my /home
    > and all other folders, especially DB folders and config files. To keep
    > your FC installation within the maintenance cycle.
    >
    > I say this so you could use
    >
    > $ sudo yum grouplist
    >
    > $ sudo yum groupupdate "Development Tools"
    >
    > to install all the development packages including compat-libg2f
    >
    > $ man yum
    >
    > help at http://fedoranews.org/tchung/yum-groupinstall/

    first of all, thanks fo ryour help!.

    first try, it installed all devel packages (150+) and then:
    [root@ip-XXX-XXX-XX-XX bin]# rpm -Uvh Numeric-24.2-1.i586.rpm
    error: Failed dependencies:
    python-base >= 2.4 is needed by Numeric-24.2-1.i586
    libg2c.so.0 is needed by Numeric-24.2-1.i586

    Unbelieveable. You know this houldn;t be so hard or maybe I underestimated
    what it took to install software on linux.

    Back to more research

  4. Re: What rpm has libg2c.so.0 ?

    TriAdmin wrote:
    > "noi ance" wrote in message
    >
    >>On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:05:53 -0400, TriAdmin typed this message:
    >>

    >>>My research indicates it is in gcc so I rpm'ed
    >>>
    >>>compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-55.fc5.i386.rpm
    >>>
    >>>which said it had it in it but the failed dependency on some other
    >>>software still shows it is missing.
    >>>
    >>>What rpm has it? Any help is much appreciated!

    >>Nope !!
    >>
    >>compat-libf2c-32-3.2.3-56.fc5.i386.rpm or something
    >>
    >>http://google.com
    >>and
    >>http://rpm.pbone.net
    >>to search for rpms and libraries
    >>
    >>Check http://fedoraproject.org/ for the latest list of Yum repositories
    >>for FC5 and instructions for setting up Yum repositories.
    >>
    >>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum/YumUpgradeFaq
    >>
    >>I'd use the ftp://pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS
    >>if I were you.
    >>
    >>Not to mention a clean install to at least FC7 after backing up my /home
    >>and all other folders, especially DB folders and config files. To keep
    >>your FC installation within the maintenance cycle.
    >>
    >>I say this so you could use
    >>
    >>$ sudo yum grouplist
    >>
    >>$ sudo yum groupupdate "Development Tools"
    >>
    >>to install all the development packages including compat-libg2f
    >>
    >>$ man yum
    >>
    >>help at http://fedoranews.org/tchung/yum-groupinstall/

    > first of all, thanks fo ryour help!.
    >
    > first try, it installed all devel packages (150+) and then:
    > [root@ip-XXX-XXX-XX-XX bin]# rpm -Uvh Numeric-24.2-1.i586.rpm
    > error: Failed dependencies:
    > python-base >= 2.4 is needed by Numeric-24.2-1.i586
    > libg2c.so.0 is needed by Numeric-24.2-1.i586
    >
    > Unbelieveable. You know this houldn;t be so hard or maybe I underestimated
    > what it took to install software on linux.
    >
    > Back to more research

    TryAdmin,

    Did you try:

    yum localinstall Numeric-24.2-1.i586.rpm

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

  5. Re: What rpm has libg2c.so.0 ?

    "Jan Gerrit Kootstra" wrote in message
    news:a161e$48863e56$5039c0af$10795@news.chello.nl. ..
    > TriAdmin wrote:
    >> "noi ance" wrote in message
    >>
    >>>On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:05:53 -0400, TriAdmin typed this message:

    >>>Nope !!
    >>>
    >>>compat-libf2c-32-3.2.3-56.fc5.i386.rpm or something
    >>>
    >>>http://google.com
    >>>and
    >>>http://rpm.pbone.net
    >>>to search for rpms and libraries
    >>>
    >>>Check http://fedoraproject.org/ for the latest list of Yum repositories
    >>>for FC5 and instructions for setting up Yum repositories.
    >>>
    >>>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum/YumUpgradeFaq
    >>>
    >>>I'd use the ftp://pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS
    >>>if I were you.
    >>>
    >>>Not to mention a clean install to at least FC7 after backing up my /home
    >>>and all other folders, especially DB folders and config files. To keep
    >>>your FC installation within the maintenance cycle.
    >>>
    >>>I say this so you could use
    >>>
    >>>$ sudo yum grouplist
    >>>
    >>>$ sudo yum groupupdate "Development Tools"
    >>>
    >>>to install all the development packages including compat-libg2f
    >>>
    >>>$ man yum
    >>>
    >>>help at http://fedoranews.org/tchung/yum-groupinstall/

    >> first of all, thanks fo ryour help!.
    >>
    >> first try, it installed all devel packages (150+) and then:
    >> [root@ip-XXX-XXX-XX-XX bin]# rpm -Uvh Numeric-24.2-1.i586.rpm
    >> error: Failed dependencies:
    >> python-base >= 2.4 is needed by Numeric-24.2-1.i586
    >> libg2c.so.0 is needed by Numeric-24.2-1.i586
    >>
    >> Unbelieveable. You know this houldn;t be so hard or maybe I
    >> underestimated what it took to install software on linux.
    >>
    >> Back to more research
    >>

    > TryAdmin,
    >

    > Did you try:
    >
    > yum localinstall Numeric-24.2-1.i586.rpm
    >

    > Kind regards,
    >

    > Jan Gerrit Kootstra

    thanks - that worked until it got to:
    --> Processing Dependency: python-base >= 2.4 for package: Numeric
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution
    Error: Missing Dependency: python-base >= 2.4 is needed by package Numeric

    I tried rpm -F for the python package. How do I find out which python
    package it's thinking I need to update so I can update it?

  6. Re: What rpm has libg2c.so.0 ?

    On 2008-07-22, TriAdmin wrote:

    > My research indicates it is in gcc so I rpm'ed
    >
    > compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-55.fc5.i386.rpm
    >
    > which said it had it in it but the failed dependency on some other software
    > still shows it is missing.
    >
    > What rpm has it? Any help is much appreciated!

    On my Fedora8 box:

    [john@lancre ~]$ locate libg2c.so|xargs rpm -qf
    compat-gcc-34-g77-3.4.6-8
    compat-gcc-34-g77-3.4.6-8
    compat-libf2c-34-3.4.6-8
    compat-libf2c-34-3.4.6-8

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  7. Re: What rpm has libg2c.so.0 ?

    You can use packages.acl.org.ua for easy searching for packages.
    Example with libg2c.so.0:
    http://packages.acl.org.ua/en/search...es/libg2c.so.0

+ Reply to Thread