mount LVM - Redhat

This is a discussion on mount LVM - Redhat ; Howdy, I recently upgraded my FC6 machine to Fedora 9. I did a complete upgrade from the motherboard up. So after I installed Fedora 9 I went to try and mount the drive from the FC6 machine, and I got ...

  1. mount LVM

    Howdy,
    I recently upgraded my FC6 machine to Fedora 9. I did a complete
    upgrade from the motherboard up.

    So after I installed Fedora 9 I went to try and mount the drive from
    the FC6 machine, and I got a

    mount: unknown filesystem type 'lvm2pv'

    error. In fact, I have almost exactly the same situation as this guy:

    http://archive.lug.boulder.co.us/Wee...02/036631.html

    The only difference is that after I do a vgscan -v and an lvchange -a
    y, I don't get the old drive as listed as VolGroup01. I only have
    VolGroup00 which is the new drive on my machine.

    So: How do I get my machine to mount the FC6 LVM drive so I can copy
    over the old data?

    Thanks,
    --
    Oliver Sampson Support Indie Music
    olsam@quickaudio.com http://cdbaby.com/group/mrsampson

  2. Re: mount LVM

    Oliver Sampson writes:

    > Howdy,
    > I recently upgraded my FC6 machine to Fedora 9. I did a complete
    > upgrade from the motherboard up.
    >
    > So after I installed Fedora 9 I went to try and mount the drive from
    > the FC6 machine, and I got a
    >
    > mount: unknown filesystem type 'lvm2pv'

    It's great that you showed us the error message, but you didn't tell
    us what you did to try to mount the drive.

    > error. In fact, I have almost exactly the same situation as this guy:
    >
    > http://archive.lug.boulder.co.us/Wee...02/036631.html
    >
    > The only difference is that after I do a vgscan -v and an lvchange -a
    > y, I don't get the old drive as listed as VolGroup01. I only have
    > VolGroup00 which is the new drive on my machine.
    >
    > So: How do I get my machine to mount the FC6 LVM drive so I can copy
    > over the old data?

    You don't mount drives--you mount file systems.

    Show us the output of "fdisk -l".

    Scott
    --
    Scott Hemphill hemphill@alumni.caltech.edu
    "This isn't flying. This is falling, with style." -- Buzz Lightyear

+ Reply to Thread