Hi, I received a webcam from someone, and tried to plug it in.
/var/log/messages said:

new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
New USB device found, idVendor=0471, idProduct=0308
New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=1
SerialNumber: 0212021000000283
Linux video capture interface: v2.00
pwc: Philips webcam module version 10.0.13 loaded.
pwc: Supports Philips PCA645/646, PCVC675/680/690, PCVC720
[40]/730/740/750 & PCVC830/840.
pwc: Also supports the Askey VC010, various Logitech Quickcams, Samsung
MPC-C10 and MPC-C30,
pwc: the Creative WebCam 5 & Pro Ex, SOTEC Afina Eye and Visionite VCS-
UC300 and VCS-UM100.
pwc: Philips PCVC680K (Vesta Pro) USB webcam detected.
pwc: Registered as /dev/video0.
usbcore: registered new interface driver Philips webcam
usbcore: registered new interface driver snd-usb-audio

I tested in Skype and it worked. Then I walked away from the laptop (Asus
L3400Tp) so it went into screen lock mode.
When I came back the light of the cam was off, so I unplugged it and
plugged it in again, and got in /var/log/messages:

new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
device descriptor read/64, error -62
device descriptor read/64, error -62
new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 4
device descriptor read/all, error -62
new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 5
configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
can't set config #1, error -62
New USB device found, idVendor=0471, idProduct=0308
New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=1

What's wrong here and why doesn't it work anymore?
Thanks in advance.