RHEL 5.0 Installation Proble - Redhat

This is a discussion on RHEL 5.0 Installation Proble - Redhat ; Hi all, I have Assembled a New PC with SATA Hard Disk, Whel i try to Install RHEL-5.0, It does not recognize the Hard Disk. It shows Options to select Drivers from a list. Please suggest me what to do... ...

  1. RHEL 5.0 Installation Proble

    Hi all,

    I have Assembled a New PC with SATA Hard Disk, Whel i try to Install
    RHEL-5.0, It does not recognize the Hard Disk. It shows Options to
    select Drivers from a list.

    Please suggest me what to do...
    Thanks

  2. Re: RHEL 5.0 Installation Proble

    rrr wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have Assembled a New PC with SATA Hard Disk, Whel i try to Install
    > RHEL-5.0, It does not recognize the Hard Disk. It shows Options to
    > select Drivers from a list.
    >
    > Please suggest me what to do...
    > Thanks

    RHEL is never leading edge on its kernels: it cannot be, lest it publish
    unstable kernels that break server class systems that are the bread and butter
    of RedHat's business.

    Try Fedora 9 to see if any RedHat published kernel will see it, and call
    RedHat. You *do* have a licensed copy of RHEL with support, right?

  3. Re: RHEL 5.0 Installation Proble

    rrr wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have Assembled a New PC with SATA Hard Disk, Whel i try to Install
    > RHEL-5.0, It does not recognize the Hard Disk. It shows Options to
    > select Drivers from a list.
    >
    > Please suggest me what to do...
    > Thanks

    RRR,

    Did you check the hardware compatibility list of RHEL when you choose
    your SATA disk and SATA controller?

    In my server I have one PATA (IDE) disk as boot disk. Once booted I can
    use the two SATA disks.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

+ Reply to Thread