Kermit for red Hat - Redhat

This is a discussion on Kermit for red Hat - Redhat ; Hi: Can you tell me where find Kermit for Red Hat ? Thanks....

  1. Kermit for red Hat

    Hi:

    Can you tell me where find Kermit for Red Hat ?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Kermit for red Hat

    contracer11@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > Can you tell me where find Kermit for Red Hat ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    In the past

  3. Re: Kermit for red Hat

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/current.html

    --
    tim boyer
    tim@denmantire.com

  4. Re: Kermit for red Hat

    contracer11@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > Can you tell me where find Kermit for Red Hat ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Steve's answer is fairly accurate. What's the exact version of the
    OS? Wouldn't another file transfer application be better?

    Best regards.

    --
    1PW

    @?6A62?FEH9E=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]

  5. Re: Kermit for red Hat

    Tim Boyer wrote:
    > On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:42:18 -0700 (PDT), contracer11@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> Hi:
    >>
    >> Can you tell me where find Kermit for Red Hat ?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/current.html

    I've updated the .spec file from an antique Fedora distribution. Permissions
    have changed a bit, as has security, so you may have to add sudo permissions
    to operate it as the 'uucp' user: I've not had a chance to work it out. Do you
    want a copy of my .spec file for the latest downloadable version?

    Also, development seems to be quite dead: I'm not sure what the best
    command-line modem tool is these days. Does anyone know what works well for
    RHEL, other than building C-Kermit as I did?

+ Reply to Thread