VNC - Redhat

This is a discussion on VNC - Redhat ; Hi, I am using VNC as remote control application. My problem is that I would like to help some people by distance. Unfortunately, I always open a differnt session than the user.... Is there a way to open THE user ...

  1. VNC

    Hi,

    I am using VNC as remote control application.

    My problem is that I would like to help some people by distance.
    Unfortunately, I always open a differnt session than the user.... Is
    there a way to open THE user session ? ( and show him something ?! )

    I am using Fedora 8

    Thanks

  2. Re: VNC

    On Jun 29, 9:17*pm, Steve wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using VNC as remote control application.
    >
    > My problem is that I would like to help some people by distance.
    > Unfortunately, I always open a differnt session than the user.... Is
    > there a way to open THE user session ? ( and show him something ?! )
    >
    > I am using Fedora 8
    >
    > Thanks

    Yes, when you want to open the users session that user need to have
    configured his/her VNCserver, the easiest way is going to Menu |
    system | Preferences | remote Desktop. if the user doesn't have it
    available, it needs to execute a
    yum -y install vnc-server

    Cheers

  3. Re: VNC

    On Jun 29, 10:17 pm, Steve wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using VNC as remote control application.
    >
    > My problem is that I would like to help some people by distance.
    > Unfortunately, I always open a differnt session than the user.... Is
    > there a way to open THE user session ? ( and show him something ?! )
    >
    > I am using Fedora 8
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi,

    on client machine run "vino-preferencies" and check "Allow other users
    to view your desktop" and then you can connect to that machine via vnc
    on :0

    $ vncclient machine_i_would_like_to_control:0

    You will see excatly the same as user who is sitting next to that
    machine.

+ Reply to Thread