How to start a daemon ?? - Redhat

This is a discussion on How to start a daemon ?? - Redhat ; Hi, I would need to re install Sendmail, but NOt via the RPM package delivered on Centos, but with the package downloaded on Sendmail website ( The Vacation program seems to be missing....) As soon as I have recompiled and ...

  1. How to start a daemon ??

    Hi,

    I would need to re install Sendmail, but NOt via the RPM package
    delivered on Centos, but with the package downloaded on Sendmail website

    ( The Vacation program seems to be missing....)

    As soon as I have recompiled and installed Sendmail.. How can I start
    Sendmail as daemon ??

    I am not sure that
    > sendmail&

    ..... would do the job!?!

    Thanks

  2. Re: How to start a daemon ??

    On Jun 19, 10:55 am, Steve wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would need to re install Sendmail, but NOt via the RPM package
    > delivered on Centos, but with the package downloaded on Sendmail website
    >
    > ( The Vacation program seems to be missing....)
    >
    > As soon as I have recompiled and installed Sendmail.. How can I start
    > Sendmail as daemon ??
    >
    > I am not sure that
    > > sendmail&

    > .... would do the job!?!
    >
    > Thanks

    ISR that the package comes with a Sys V init script - just drop this
    in /etc/init.d then run `checkconfig --add sendmail`, then (I'm a bit
    unsure about the syntax of this one - best to check the man page)
    `chkconfig --levels 3,5 sendmail on`

    If you haven't got the init script, then use the one that came with
    the rpm.

    C.

+ Reply to Thread