yum + php_devel and mysql_devel : Please help - Redhat

This is a discussion on yum + php_devel and mysql_devel : Please help - Redhat ; Hello all, I am working with a fresh install of RHEL5, and I need to install the php-devel and mysql-devel libraries so I can install PECL::mysql and PECL::dbx. yum install php-devel yields: Loading "security" plugin [...snip...] **** No Match for ...

  1. yum + php_devel and mysql_devel : Please help

    Hello all,

    I am working with a fresh install of RHEL5, and I need to install the
    php-devel and mysql-devel libraries so I can install PECL::mysql and
    PECL::dbx.

    yum install php-devel
    yields:

    [...snip...]
    **** No Match for argument: php-devel ****
    Nothing to do

    *** emphasis *** mine

    I've tried various combinations of RPMs and nothing seems to work.
    Same with mysql-devel.

    A yum search for php* doesn't show anything that resembles php-devel.
    I had no problem installing either of these libraries in RHEL4. Where
    do I go from here? Any help would be appreciated.

    Best regards,
    - Tyler Vano

  2. Re: yum + php_devel and mysql_devel : Please help

    tyler.vano@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I am working with a fresh install of RHEL5, and I need to install the
    > php-devel and mysql-devel libraries so I can install PECL::mysql and
    > PECL::dbx.
    >
    > yum install php-devel
    > yields:

    > [...snip...]
    > **** No Match for argument: php-devel ****
    > Nothing to do
    >
    > *** emphasis *** mine
    >
    > I've tried various combinations of RPMs and nothing seems to work.
    > Same with mysql-devel.
    >
    > A yum search for php* doesn't show anything that resembles php-devel.
    > I had no problem installing either of these libraries in RHEL4. Where
    > do I go from here? Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > - Tyler Vano

    Have you tried: ?

    Perhaps just a bit more detail about your OS and hardware, and we can
    give you an even more precise URL. RHEL5.1, 5.2, client, server,
    i386, x86_64... Also. the CentOS repos can be helpful too.

    Let us know how it's going.

    Good luck to you.

    --
    1PW

  3. Re: yum + php_devel and mysql_devel : Please help

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:57:34 -0700, tyler.vano typed this message:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I am working with a fresh install of RHEL5, and I need to install the
    > php-devel and mysql-devel libraries so I can install PECL::mysql and
    > PECL::dbx.
    >
    > yum install php-devel
    > yields:

    > [...snip...]
    > **** No Match for argument: php-devel **** Nothing to do
    >
    > *** emphasis *** mine
    >
    > I've tried various combinations of RPMs and nothing seems to work. Same
    > with mysql-devel.
    >
    > A yum search for php* doesn't show anything that resembles php-devel. I
    > had no problem installing either of these libraries in RHEL4. Where do I
    > go from here? Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > - Tyler Vano

    Google is your friend.

    PECL is PHP extension community library

    You need to download and compile dbx-1.1.0.tgz and mysql-1.0.tgz from PECL
    http://pecl.php.net/packages.php?cat...tname=Database

  4. Re: yum + php_devel and mysql_devel : Please help

    On Jun 19, 12:29 am, noi ance wrote:
    > On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:57:34 -0700, tyler.vano typed this message:
    >

    > > Hello all,

    > > I am working with a fresh install of RHEL5, and I need to install the
    > > php-devel and mysql-devel libraries so I can install PECL::mysql and
    > > PECL::dbx.

    > > yum install php-devel
    > > yields:

    > > [...snip...]
    > > **** No Match for argument: php-devel **** Nothing to do

    > > *** emphasis *** mine

    > > I've tried various combinations of RPMs and nothing seems to work. Same
    > > with mysql-devel.

    > > A yum search for php* doesn't show anything that resembles php-devel. I
    > > had no problem installing either of these libraries in RHEL4. Where do I
    > > go from here? Any help would be appreciated.

    > > Best regards,
    > > - Tyler Vano

    > Google is your friend.
    >
    > PECL is PHP extension community library
    >
    > You need to download and compile dbx-1.1.0.tgz and mysql-1.0.tgz from PECLhttp://pecl.php.net/packages.php?catpid=7&catname=Database

    Exactly. However, I need php-devel and mysql-devel to compile PECL
    extensions. In any event, I figure out that the problem was that I was
    using an unregistered copy of RHEL5, which didn't afford me access to
    RHN. So I properly registered it and now I have a whole new set of
    problems. :-)

    Best regards,
    - Tyler Vano

+ Reply to Thread