nis user is not able ftp using gssftp (redhat 5.1) - Redhat

This is a discussion on nis user is not able ftp using gssftp (redhat 5.1) - Redhat ; Hi all, Am facing this issue from past few days. I have newly installed RHEL 5.1 with gccftp enabled. Am able to ftp using root or any other local user of RHEL machine from my windows machine. But, if i ...

  1. nis user is not able ftp using gssftp (redhat 5.1)

    Hi all,

    Am facing this issue from past few days.
    I have newly installed RHEL 5.1 with gccftp enabled.

    Am able to ftp using root or any other local user of RHEL machine from
    my windows machine. But, if i use nis user it gives the below error

    530 User bsfr access denied.
    Login failed.
    ftp>

    I can login and telnet using this user.

    Kindly help.

  2. Re: nis user is not able ftp using gssftp (redhat 5.1)

    On Jun 17, 10:25*am, sachu wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Am facing this issue from past few days.
    > I have newly installed RHEL 5.1 with gccftp enabled.
    >
    > Am able to ftp using root or any other local user of RHEL machine from
    > my windows machine. But, if i use nis user it gives the below error
    >
    > 530 User bsfr access denied.
    > Login failed.
    > ftp>
    >
    > I can login and telnet using this user.
    >
    > Kindly help.

    What does your /etc/nsswitch.conf file look like? If should really
    use NIS unless 'files' is first for passwd and a match is found. Are
    there any other authentication schemes being used? Is there a PAM
    module in /etc/pam.d for this ftp client/server?

+ Reply to Thread