sendmail setup - Redhat

This is a discussion on sendmail setup - Redhat ; Does anyonw know of a good resource for setting up sendmail? I have an RHEL 4 server that I'm trying to setup sendmail on. It should be forwarding mail to an MS exchange host but mail never leaves the box. ...

  1. sendmail setup

    Does anyonw know of a good resource for setting up sendmail? I have an
    RHEL 4 server that I'm trying to setup sendmail on. It should be
    forwarding mail to an MS exchange host but mail never leaves the box.
    i can telnet on port 25 to the exchange server and successfully send
    mails out, so the problem seems to lie on my Linux box,

    Thanks,

  2. Re: sendmail setup

    On Jun 12, 10:55 am, clippe...@googlemail.com wrote:
    > Does anyonw know of a good resource for setting up sendmail? I have an
    > RHEL 4 server that I'm trying to setup sendmail on. It should be
    > forwarding mail to an MS exchange host but mail never leaves the box.
    > i can telnet on port 25 to the exchange server and successfully send
    > mails out, so the problem seems to lie on my Linux box,
    >
    > Thanks,

    sendmail.org - and the excellent sendmail manuals.

    I suspect sendmail might be overkill though - it's is a serious bit of
    code for moving mail about regardless of the volume or destination. In
    addition to being very fast and reliable it is also reconfigurable to
    the point of absurdity. Exchange....well, let's just say its not. You
    might consider using a different MTA - Postgres is very good IME, but
    I don't have as high an opinion of QMail and Exim that I do of
    Sendmail.

    Anyway....you could always lok for an answer here or other usenet
    groups. But do give some indication of what you have changed in your
    configuration (you have set a smart relay and restarted sendmail with
    the new config? Checked the mail and security logs to see why mails
    are not going out?)

    C.

  3. Re: sendmail setup

    I had configured the same. lets visit this page you will be happy to
    see this
    http://pearlbag.googlepages.com/linux.html

    If you succeed to configure just pray for my best future here in this
    life and the life after death.

    Thanks

    On Jun 12, 2:55*pm, clipper74@googlemail.com wrote:
    > Does anyonw know of a good resource for setting up sendmail? I have an
    > RHEL 4 server that I'm trying to setup sendmail on. It should be
    > forwarding mail to an MS exchange host but mail never leaves the box.
    > i can telnet on port 25 to the exchange server and successfully send
    > mails out, so the problem seems to lie on my Linux box,
    >
    > Thanks,

  4. Re: sendmail setup

    On Jun 12, 9:40 pm, malikrauf7...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I had configured the same. lets visit this page you will be happy to
    > see thishttp://pearlbag.googlepages.com/linux.html
    >
    > If you succeed to configure just pray for my best future here in this
    > life and the life after death.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > On Jun 12, 2:55 pm, clippe...@googlemail.com wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyonw know of a good resource for setting up sendmail? I have an
    > > RHEL 4 server that I'm trying to setup sendmail on. It should be
    > > forwarding mail to an MS exchange host but mail never leaves the box.
    > > i can telnet on port 25 to the exchange server and successfully send
    > > mails out, so the problem seems to lie on my Linux box,

    > > Thanks,

    If your Linux box is externally configured as the primary MX but in
    fact should relay all mail to the Exchange server (i.e. is behaving a
    secondary MX) you need to set up /etc/mail/relay-domains, but IIRC
    for this to work the sendmail box needs to see DNS records naming the
    Exchange box as the primary MX.

    See http://www.akadia.com/services/sendmail_relay.html

    C.

+ Reply to Thread