IPMP in Solaris what is the same in Redhat - Redhat

This is a discussion on IPMP in Solaris what is the same in Redhat - Redhat ; Hello folks, I am a Sun Admin and recetly started working as a RedHat linux admin. If you are familiar with IPMP in Sun Solaris could you let me know what the similar technology in RedHat linux for NIC failover ...

  1. IPMP in Solaris what is the same in Redhat

    Hello folks,
    I am a Sun Admin and recetly started working as a RedHat linux admin.
    If you are familiar with IPMP in Sun Solaris could you let me know
    what the similar technology in RedHat linux for NIC failover and
    virtual IP.

  2. Re: IPMP in Solaris what is the same in Redhat

    "learner" wrote in message
    > Hello folks,
    > I am a Sun Admin and recetly started working as a RedHat linux admin.
    > If you are familiar with IPMP in Sun Solaris could you let me know
    > what the similar technology in RedHat linux for NIC failover and
    > virtual IP.

    Perhaps NIC teaming will work?

    http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/e...NTERFACES-CHAN

+ Reply to Thread