IBM ServeRAID and RHEL4 problems - Redhat

This is a discussion on IBM ServeRAID and RHEL4 problems - Redhat ; I have freshly installed my RHEL4/64bit server and also installed the ServeRAID Manager (version 9.0). Now when I try to start up the management interface from my X, I get these errors: [root@srv RaidMan]# ./RaidMan.sh ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5' from ...

  1. IBM ServeRAID and RHEL4 problems

    I have freshly installed my RHEL4/64bit server and also installed the
    ServeRAID Manager (version 9.0). Now when I try to start up the management
    interface from my X, I get these errors:

    [root@srv RaidMan]# ./RaidMan.sh
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
    preloaded: ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
    preloaded: ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
    preloaded: ignored.

    It shows a window with this error:
    "ServeRAID Manager failed to start at port number 34,571"

    Now to the spooky part. I can click okay and go on and logon to the Manager
    but only locally. It does show me the management interface with the logical
    volumens but I am not able to Configure it. I want to configure the SMTP and
    notification settings.

    I have the exact same problem on another identical server. It has been
    installed exactly in the same way.

    Does anyone has an idea what this problem is?

  2. Re: IBM ServeRAID and RHEL4 problems

    Have you made sure libstdc++.so.5 is installed? Also may need kernel
    development libraries (and of course gcc, gpp and related development
    tools).

    Kurt

    Erik wrote:
    > I have freshly installed my RHEL4/64bit server and also installed the
    > ServeRAID Manager (version 9.0). Now when I try to start up the management
    > interface from my X, I get these errors:
    >
    > [root@srv RaidMan]# ./RaidMan.sh
    > ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
    > preloaded: ignored.
    > ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
    > preloaded: ignored.
    > ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
    > preloaded: ignored.
    >
    > It shows a window with this error:
    > "ServeRAID Manager failed to start at port number 34,571"
    >
    > Now to the spooky part. I can click okay and go on and logon to the Manager
    > but only locally. It does show me the management interface with the logical
    > volumens but I am not able to Configure it. I want to configure the SMTP and
    > notification settings.
    >
    > I have the exact same problem on another identical server. It has been
    > installed exactly in the same way.
    >
    > Does anyone has an idea what this problem is?

  3. Re: IBM ServeRAID and RHEL4 problems

    > Have you made sure libstdc++.so.5 is installed? Also may need kernel
    > development libraries (and of course gcc, gpp and related development
    > tools).

    The server has been installed with the Everything option.

    [root@srv ~]# rpm -qa | grep libstd
    libstdc++-devel-3.4.6-9
    libstdc++-3.4.6-9
    libstdc++-3.4.6-9
    compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-47.3
    compat-libstdc++-296-2.96-132.7.2
    compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-47.3
    libstdc++-devel-3.4.6-9

    [root@srv ~]# locate libstd | grep libstdc++.so.5
    /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.5
    /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.5.0.7
    /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5
    /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.7

  4. Re: IBM ServeRAID and RHEL4 problems

    Erik wrote:
    >> Have you made sure libstdc++.so.5 is installed? Also may need kernel
    >> development libraries (and of course gcc, gpp and related development
    >> tools).

    > The server has been installed with the Everything option.
    >
    > [root@srv ~]# rpm -qa | grep libstd
    > libstdc++-devel-3.4.6-9
    > libstdc++-3.4.6-9
    > libstdc++-3.4.6-9

    If you look in /var/log/rpmpkgs, and at the /etc/cron.daily/rpm script, you'll
    see the options you need to verify the presence of both i386 and x86_64
    libraries. That's why you have two libstdc++-3.3.60-9 library sets above.

    > compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-47.3
    > compat-libstdc++-296-2.96-132.7.2
    > compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-47.3
    > libstdc++-devel-3.4.6-9
    >
    > [root@srv ~]# locate libstd | grep libstdc++.so.5
    > /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.5
    > /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.5.0.7
    > /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5
    > /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.7

    Right. I wonder if the ServerRaid tools don't know about the 64-bit and 32-bit
    library locations propoerly? Sounds like you may need to talk to IBM about the
    issue.

+ Reply to Thread