create files under a user - Redhat

This is a discussion on create files under a user - Redhat ; I am learning Redhat Linux now and installed it in my machine. I created four user ids (user1, user2 etc). Now i want to create files under these user ids. I am not sure how to proceed on that. can ...

  1. create files under a user

    I am learning Redhat Linux now and installed it in my machine. I
    created four user ids (user1, user2 etc). Now i want to create files
    under these user ids. I am not sure how to proceed on that. can anyone
    help?.
    Thanks in adv.

  2. Re: create files under a user

    Counal wrote:
    > I am learning Redhat Linux now and installed it in my machine. I
    > created four user ids (user1, user2 etc). Now i want to create files
    > under these user ids. I am not sure how to proceed on that. can anyone
    > help?.

    As newbie that was not needed. As a user with 8 years experience that is
    something I would not do. I did it earlier to spoof identity but that was for a
    specific purpose that passed quickly.

    Make a user account you want to use in public and get rid of the rest.

    In your chosen user account do what you want and if linux won't let you su root
    and do it. But NEVER to root unless you are certain of what you are doing. Some
    people have had the idea that linux cannot be harmed by a user. That is false. A
    couple weeks ago someone was asking for help after he went root and deliberately
    erased the entire file system to "TEST" the ability of linux to recover. It
    don't work that way. It only means as a user you cannot permanently damage the
    system, only yourself.

    The claim that a user cannot damage it is based upon it being based upon the
    robust Unix OS which was multi-user and used by companies with brilliant
    programmers who could also be pissed off employees. The implementation is to
    withstand an employee attack.

    --
    When Israel claims to have the most moral army in the world it is talking
    about Jewish morality.

+ Reply to Thread