2 Ethernet Cards - Redhat

This is a discussion on 2 Ethernet Cards - Redhat ; Hi, my server was working fine with ONE ethernet card I just add a second card Installation seems to be OK IP address on a different network (but nothing connected yet) Now, I lost all my connection !!!! There is ...

  1. 2 Ethernet Cards

    Hi,

    my server was working fine with ONE ethernet card

    I just add a second card
    Installation seems to be OK
    IP address on a different network (but nothing connected yet)

    Now, I lost all my connection !!!!
    There is no Firewall at the moment (No Iptables...)

    In fact, if I open Mozilla, I cannot connect to internet.
    If I disable the second card (eth1) -> Go back on line !!!

    How, can I make sure that any application will use eth0 and NOT eth1 ???
    How the selection is done ?
    (Because if Mozilla is selecting eth1, that will, obviously, never work
    out :-(

  2. Re: 2 Ethernet Cards

    In news:fsjfq9$kh$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk,
    Steve typed:

    > How, can I make sure that any application will use eth0 and NOT eth1
    > ??? How the selection is done ?

    grep "^GATEWAY=" /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/if*eth[01]

    Make sure that only the preferred file (in your case ifcfg-eth0) contains
    the GATEWAY=ip.add.re.ss parameter, then "/etc/init.d/network restart".

  3. Re: 2 Ethernet Cards

    ynotssor wrote:
    > In news:fsjfq9$kh$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk,
    > Steve typed:
    >
    >> How, can I make sure that any application will use eth0 and NOT eth1
    >> ??? How the selection is done ?

    > grep "^GATEWAY=" /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/if*eth[01]
    >
    > Make sure that only the preferred file (in your case ifcfg-eth0) contains
    > the GATEWAY=ip.add.re.ss parameter, then "/etc/init.d/network restart".

    Thanks !! that works now.. Just needed to change the Gateway...
    Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread