Where to download rpm of new version of top? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Where to download rpm of new version of top? - Redhat ; $ top -v top: procps version 3.2.3 usage: top -hv | -bcisS -d delay -n iterations [-u user | -U user] -p pid [,pid ...] $ rpm -qf `which top` procps-3.2.3-8.4 $ rpm -qi procps Name : procps Relocations: (not ...

  1. Where to download rpm of new version of top?

    $ top -v
    top: procps version 3.2.3
    usage: top -hv | -bcisS -d delay -n iterations [-u user | -U user] -p
    pid [,pid ...]
    $ rpm -qf `which top`
    procps-3.2.3-8.4
    $ rpm -qi procps
    Name : procps Relocations: (not
    relocatable)
    Version : 3.2.3 Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
    Release : 8.4 Build Date: Tue 18 Apr
    2006 08:14:55 AM CDT

    According to http://www.unixtop.org/download/, the latest top version
    is already 3.7. The old version such as 3.2 is missing some mportant
    features such as number of top processes to show. I can stty rows
    to limit that. But the trick
    doesn't work when I run top in batch mode (top -b). I have to pipe to
    head.

    Is there anywhere to download the rpm of the new version of top?

    Yong Huang

  2. Re: Where to download rpm of new version of top?

    In news:67c12170-d63a-49e4-9611-32c6437a1233@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com,
    Yong Huang typed:

    > According to http://www.unixtop.org/download/, the latest top version
    > is already 3.7. The old version such as 3.2 is missing some mportant
    > features such as number of top processes to show. I can stty rows
    > to limit that. But the trick
    > doesn't work when I run top in batch mode (top -b). I have to pipe to
    > head.
    >
    > Is there anywhere to download the rpm of the new version of top?

    It doesn't appear that anyone has built the rpm yet, but you can always
    download the source, and

    ../configure --prefix=$HOME && make && make install

    which will provide you with $HOME/bin/top and $HOME/share/man/man1/top.1
    until either you yourself or some repository builds the rpm for general
    system installation.

+ Reply to Thread