CUPS printer driver vs duplex - Redhat

This is a discussion on CUPS printer driver vs duplex - Redhat ; Hiho- We're converting some software from AIX to RHEL4 and some of the conversion snafus have to do with printing and printer defs. We didn't do much tricky stuff on our AIX boxes and declared the majority of our network ...

  1. CUPS printer driver vs duplex

    Hiho-

    We're converting some software from AIX to RHEL4 and some of the
    conversion snafus have to do with printing and printer defs. We didn't
    do much tricky stuff on our AIX boxes and declared the majority of our
    network printers as baseline JetDirect LJ3's. This worked fairly well
    regardless of the actual hardware and most of the printing was
    straight forward pcl stuff. Most of these jobs were printed using AIX's
    qprt command. A few of these specified cpi & lpi settings that were
    not default but they worked ok. We also had a couple of jobs that
    printed in duplex mode, using generic AIX command:

    qprt -Psr_xerox3_pcl -p12 -w96 -Y1

    and these worked well, too. On the RHEL4 box, the printers have also
    been setup as JetDirect HP LJ3's and most of the testing looks ok
    except it doesn't want to print in duplex mode. If you go into CUPS
    and click on TEST-->DUPLEX TEST, it prints each side on a separate sheet
    of paper. I'm using the recommended driver (ljet3), the other two being
    gimp-print-ijs & omni-compiled.

    The printer itself is a xerox N4025. . .

    Any ideas would be much appreciated. . .

    thanks in advance,

  2. Re: CUPS printer driver vs duplex

    Yah Navatkah wrote:
    > I'm using the recommended driver (ljet3), the other two being
    > gimp-print-ijs & omni-compiled.
    >
    > The printer itself is a xerox N4025. . .
    >
    > Any ideas would be much appreciated. . .
    >
    > thanks in advance,

    Xerox web site has a printer management system for their products.
    You can install that system and extract the ppd file for your
    particular printer. Installing the ppd with CUPS administration
    will enable all the features Xerox has enabled.

    Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread