Cant find the cd (Red Hat 9) - Redhat

This is a discussion on Cant find the cd (Red Hat 9) - Redhat ; Hi The Install program (Red Hat 9) cant find the cd to start the installation. Does anybody know what the problem is? / Tommy...

  1. Cant find the cd (Red Hat 9)

    Hi

    The Install program (Red Hat 9) cant find the cd to start the installation.
    Does anybody know what the problem is?

    / Tommy

  2. Re: Cant find the cd (Red Hat 9)

    Tommy wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > The Install program (Red Hat 9) cant find the cd to start the installation.
    > Does anybody know what the problem is?
    >

    > / Tommy

    You could say more about what hardware you're trying to do this on. Also,
    RedHat 9 is *REALLY* out of date, and you might benefit from hopping to CentOS
    or to Fedora Core, even if your hardware is somewhat limited.

  3. Re: Cant find the cd (Red Hat 9)

    Tommy wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > The Install program (Red Hat 9) cant find the cd to start the installation.
    > Does anybody know what the problem is?
    >

    > / Tommy

    Disk 1 contains a directory called "images" and another "dosutils."

    You have to use the program X:/dosutils/rawreitewin/rawritewin to
    create a boot disk image from X:/images/bootdisk on a floppy that
    will boot the pc and set you up for loading the OS.

    See also the file X:/images/README.

    I've purchased much a much more recent copy of RH Fedora Core
    on eBay for under $5 including shipping. My advice is that the
    more modern releases are worth the very few $ and the very few
    days wait, and you won't have to go through the exercise of
    creating your own boot floppy. And you'll also have a lot of
    the more modern drivers that aren't part of RH9.

    The fellow I bought my Fedora Core disk from also sells other
    current distros for similarly low pricing.

  4. Re: Cant find the cd (Red Hat 9)

    saforized wrote:
    > Tommy wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> The Install program (Red Hat 9) cant find the cd to start the
    >> installation.
    >> Does anybody know what the problem is?
    >>

    >> / Tommy
    >>

    > Disk 1 contains a directory called "images" and another "dosutils."
    >
    > You have to use the program X:/dosutils/rawreitewin/rawritewin to
    > create a boot disk image from X:/images/bootdisk on a floppy that
    > will boot the pc and set you up for loading the OS.
    >
    > See also the file X:/images/README.
    >
    > I've purchased much a much more recent copy of RH Fedora Core
    > on eBay for under $5 including shipping. My advice is that the
    > more modern releases are worth the very few $ and the very few
    > days wait, and you won't have to go through the exercise of
    > creating your own boot floppy. And you'll also have a lot of
    > the more modern drivers that aren't part of RH9.
    >
    > The fellow I bought my Fedora Core disk from also sells other
    > current distros for similarly low pricing.

    Well, if you're going that route, RedHat 9 is still available at
    http://rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/. But it's *not* maintained anymore! Security
    patches are not being reliably backported.

+ Reply to Thread