redhat enterprise linux 5 swap space - Redhat

This is a discussion on redhat enterprise linux 5 swap space - Redhat ; I have 16GB RAM. According to the Redhat documentation I need to configure 30GB swap. Do I really need that much?...

  1. redhat enterprise linux 5 swap space

    I have 16GB RAM.

    According to the Redhat documentation I need to configure 30GB swap.

    Do I really need that much?

  2. Re: redhat enterprise linux 5 swap space

    Loial wrote:
    > I have 16GB RAM.
    >
    > According to the Redhat documentation I need to configure 30GB swap.
    >
    > Do I really need that much?

    Dear Lioal,

    16GB is enough, unless you run SAP on the server.
    If you run SAP follow the instructions of your SAP consultant.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

+ Reply to Thread