F8 Partition problem - Redhat

This is a discussion on F8 Partition problem - Redhat ; I have mounted an old HDD on my Fedora 8 system. One partition out of 9 will not mount. The partition has an ID of f from a previous install. Can I use fdisk to change the ID to "c" ...

  1. F8 Partition problem

    I have mounted an old HDD on my Fedora 8 system. One partition out of 9
    will not mount. The partition has an ID of f from a previous install. Can
    I use fdisk to change the ID to "c" and save the old data?
    Thank you,
    Harold

  2. Re: F8 Partition problem

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:18:40 +0000, me wrote:

    > I have mounted an old HDD on my Fedora 8 system. One partition out of 9
    > will not mount. The partition has an ID of f from a previous install.
    > Can I use fdisk to change the ID to "c" and save the old data? Thank
    > you,
    > Harold

    I figured it out. The partition is a logical partition containing a group
    of partitions.

+ Reply to Thread