install CDs for Fedora Core 8 - Redhat

This is a discussion on install CDs for Fedora Core 8 - Redhat ; Where can one find install CDs (the whole set 1-6 or whatever) for Fedora Core 8? All I see are the install DVD (doesn't benefit me, doesn't like my DVD drives: USB or ATAPI) and the Live and Rescue CD ...

  1. install CDs for Fedora Core 8

    Where can one find install CDs (the whole set 1-6 or whatever)
    for Fedora Core 8?
    All I see are the install DVD (doesn't benefit me, doesn't like my
    DVD drives: USB or ATAPI) and the Live and Rescue CD (also
    tried and it located my DVD drive but could not boot from it).
    I need the whole set of CDs only: nothing else will work.
    And yes, I tried pointing it the installer to a web site with the
    distro but it just kept going back and forth between that screen
    and the 'CD check' screen ad infinitum.

  2. Re: install CDs for Fedora Core 8

    On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 13:40:39 -0700 (PDT), The Derfer wrote:
    > Where can one find install CDs (the whole set 1-6 or whatever)
    > for Fedora Core 8?
    > All I see are the install DVD (doesn't benefit me, doesn't like my
    > DVD drives: USB or ATAPI) and the Live and Rescue CD (also
    > tried and it located my DVD drive but could not boot from it).
    > I need the whole set of CDs only: nothing else will work.

    Hey if you have the dvd.iso in a partition which will still exist
    after install you can pull vmlinuz and initrd.img from the dvd and
    boot the dvd.iso from the partition.
    I loop mounted fc8 dvd.iso copied them out into my sub-directory
    /local/spare, modified grub menu with

    title fedora_iso
    kernel (hd0,13)/spare/vmlinuz BOOT_IMAGE=fedora_iso ro vga=791
    initrd (hd0,13)/spare/initrd.img

    and was able to install without dvd/cd

  3. Re: install CDs for Fedora Core 8

    In article ,
    The Derfer wrote:
    >Where can one find install CDs (the whole set 1-6 or whatever)
    >for Fedora Core 8?

    try http://fedoraunity.org

    and note that Fedora isn't called "Core" any longer.

+ Reply to Thread