Rescue mode - could not find filesystem '/dev/root' - Redhat

This is a discussion on Rescue mode - could not find filesystem '/dev/root' - Redhat ; Hi, My server unable to boot up and got the the message "could not find filesystem /dev/root" I boot to the rescue mode, the / filesystem is not mounted by itself, but other filesystems like /home, /boot are ok. I ...

  1. Rescue mode - could not find filesystem '/dev/root'

    Hi,

    My server unable to boot up and got the the message "could not find
    filesystem /dev/root"

    I boot to the rescue mode, the / filesystem is not mounted by itself,
    but other filesystems like /home, /boot are ok. I can manual mount /
    and edit the system files fstab, hosts ... etc ...

    /tmp/md2 /mnt/sysimage/home
    /tmp/md0 /mnt/sysimage/boot

    Can you explain the rescue boot sequences and why / /mnt/sysimage
    cannot mount automatically ?

    Thanks
    Tam

    minhcao123

    Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1
    guests)

    Show Printable Version
    Email this Page

    Linear Mode
    Switch to Hybrid Mode
    Switch to Threaded Mode

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    vB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Similar Threads
    GUI on my server? Startx causing problems, log included! aL187 Debian
    Linux Help 9 07-15-2006 05:00 PM
    Screen Resolution problem brentd49 Linux Desktop / X-Windows 11
    03-27-2005 06:37 AM
    Problems Initiating startx codewarrior Slackware Linux Help 9
    03-03-2005 09:40 AM
    Mouse Wheel adamhoward_4 Slackware Linux Help 27 11-20-2004 10:23 PM
    gtk-gnutella xlulux Installation 4 10-09-2003 09:07 AM