Fedora Core 6 Faad2 < 2.5 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Fedora Core 6 Faad2 < 2.5 - Redhat ; Hello, I'm using Fedora Core 6 and have tried to do an update but it states that I have not installed ( faad2 into my programs installed it does have this installed. Any suggestions as to why this is so? ...

  1. Fedora Core 6 Faad2 < 2.5

    Hello,

    I'm using Fedora Core 6 and have tried to do an update but it
    states that I have not installed ( faad2 < 2.5 ) Although, when looking
    into my programs installed it does have this installed.

    Any suggestions as to why this is so? Any ideas how to solve ?

    Should I un-install and then re-install ?

    Any suggestions would be great.

    thanks

    brad

  2. Re: Fedora Core 6 Faad2 < 2.5

    lagoon276@shaw.ca writes:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm using Fedora Core 6 and have tried to do an update but it
    > states that I have not installed ( faad2 < 2.5 ) Although, when looking
    > into my programs installed it does have this installed.
    >
    > Any suggestions as to why this is so? Any ideas how to solve ?
    >
    > Should I un-install and then re-install ?
    >
    > Any suggestions would be great.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > brad

    What exactly are you trying to update? The entire system, e.g., via
    "yum -update"?

    What does

    rpm -qa faad*

    return? The answer is faad2-2.0-19.20050131.lvn6 for my fc6 system.

    Assuming lvn6 means it's from the livna repo, my livna repo is
    configured as

    [livna]
    name=Livna for Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
    baseurl=
    http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/
    http://livna.cat.pdx.edu/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/
    http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/
    http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/
    http://mirror.atrpms.net/livna/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/
    ftp://mirrors.tummy.com/pub/rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/
    failovermethod=priority
    #mirrorlist=http://rpm.livna.org/mirrorlist-6
    enabled=1
    gpgcheck=1
    gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna

    [livna-debuginfo]
    name=Livna for Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Debug
    baseurl=
    http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/debug/
    http://livna.cat.pdx.edu/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/debug/
    http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/debug/
    http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/debug/
    http://mirror.atrpms.net/livna/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/debug/
    ftp://mirrors.tummy.com/pub/rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/debug/
    failovermethod=priority
    enabled=0
    gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
    gpgcheck=1

    [livna-source]
    name=Livna for Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Source
    baseurl=
    http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/SRPMS/
    http://livna.cat.pdx.edu/fedora/$releasever/SRPMS/
    http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/fedora/$releasever/SRPMS/
    http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/SRPMS/
    http://mirror.atrpms.net/livna/fedora/$releasever/SRPMS/
    ftp://mirrors.tummy.com/pub/rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/SRPMS/
    failovermethod=priority
    enabled=0
    gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
    gpgcheck=1

    Suggest you try the #yum and/or #fedora irc channels on freenode,
    although they will bitch that you should upgrade to fedora 8.
    --
    % Randy Yates % "...the answer lies within your soul
    %% Fuquay-Varina, NC % 'cause no one knows which side

+ Reply to Thread