Hi,

I am new to Redhat, but have some experience with Unix. I received
the installation DVD's from Redhat and also downloaded the ISO images
to build CD's. Both sets of disks have failed at the same point.

Whether I use the Dell installation routine, or the Redhat boot disk,
when the process asks for the installation DVD or CD the drive does a
seek for about 15sec and then quits. It ejects the CD/DVD and says
that I have not inserted the proper disk with the Linux distribution.

I have recently installed the 32bit version on another machine, which
worked just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i
should do next?

Thanks,