How do I rename CF memory cards - Redhat

This is a discussion on How do I rename CF memory cards - Redhat ; Hi, I have several Compact Flash cards for my digital camera's and I want to know which one I have mounted in my Sandisk cardreader, by giving them a different name, and not just the default NO_NAME. How do I ...

  1. How do I rename CF memory cards

    Hi,

    I have several Compact Flash cards for my digital camera's and I want to
    know which one I have mounted in my Sandisk cardreader, by giving them a
    different name, and not just the default NO_NAME.
    How do I give them a different name? The normal rename command or
    editing the "properties" does not work in CentOs4.6 (=RHEL).

    I guess I am not the only one with this need.

    Thanks!

    Ralf

  2. Re: How do I rename CF memory cards

    Ralf Hartings wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have several Compact Flash cards for my digital camera's and I want to
    > know which one I have mounted in my Sandisk cardreader, by giving them a
    > different name, and not just the default NO_NAME.
    > How do I give them a different name? The normal rename command or
    > editing the "properties" does not work in CentOs4.6 (=RHEL).
    >
    > I guess I am not the only one with this need.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Ralf

    The solution is here:
    http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/...forumpost38940