Source Code of Red Hat - Redhat

This is a discussion on Source Code of Red Hat - Redhat ; Is Red Hat released under GNU GPL licence ,where can I get its source code....

  1. Source Code of Red Hat

    Is Red Hat released under GNU GPL licence ,where can I get its source
    code.

  2. Re: Source Code of Red Hat

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 19:56:38 +0000, Velocity wrote:

    > Is Red Hat released under GNU GPL licence ,where can I get its source
    > code.

    The licenses apply to the components, the kernel is GPLV2, Firefox is the
    Mozilla license, Apache has it's own license. Distros have hundreds of
    components so there are many licenses that apply.

    Redhat includes the sources in the distro, just install the source RPM
    for the component that you are interested.

+ Reply to Thread