listing functions in a library - Redhat

This is a discussion on listing functions in a library - Redhat ; I'm running rdehat 9 (command line only) and have inherited a pretty complicated library. I wish to see all of the functions in said library. What is the process to do this?...

  1. listing functions in a library

    I'm running rdehat 9 (command line only) and have inherited a pretty
    complicated library. I wish to see all of the functions in said
    library. What is the process to do this?

  2. Re: listing functions in a library

    Dear GameboyHippo,

    On Oct 22, 8:48 pm, GameboyHippo wrote:
    > I'm running rdehat 9 (command line only) and have inherited a pretty
    > complicated library. I wish to see all of the functions in said
    > library. What is the process to do this?

    You can use

    nm [OPTIONS] library

    nm -g library will give you external symbols
    nm -a library will give you all symbols

    or look at man nm for other options

    Matteo

+ Reply to Thread